Let’s be frank — 2020 hasn’t been the best year for the world’s economy, and the HoReCa segment has taken some of the hardest blows. Regrettably, not all businesses will survive the tide, but many are using this recession to regroup and optimize their operations. One of the smarter ways to do so is by adopting a modern HoReCa software product in your workflow — and we’d like to talk about that in more detail.
HoReCa software: what is it?
HoReCa software is software for automating processes in hotels, restaurants, and other catering facilities. It's practically indispensable when you need to scale your business. Making money by running a business entirely manually is realistic, but without automation systems, manageability will always fall in proportion to the growth of business capacity and the degree of involvement of the founder.
HoReCa tech for restaurant automation helps to break down the processes in a restaurant into chains and reduce the role of the human factor as the correctness of repetitive actions is determined by the algorithm, not a person.
With HoReCa software, it is possible to:
- take orders,
- keep inventory,
- get sales statistics,
- keep records of regular guests,
- implement loyalty programs,
- print receipts,
- connect an online cash register,
- leave tips by QR code.
Types of HoReCa management software
What are the most common types of food service automation software? It really depends on the establishment, but the basic types are as follows:
- HoReCa solutions for the cashier, in which the rank-and-file staff conducts sales in a quick check format and distributes orders to tables.
- Manager software where you can create menu items with access levels for the rank-and-file personnel (the ability to delete/correct the already made sales), view sales reports by different filters and categories (what are the hours of peak sales, what dish is the best-selling, etc).
- Warehouse software that creates recipes and calculates cost, where you can see the balance and the percentage of writing off.
- Software for chefs, which displays the composition of the check in the kitchen.
- HoReCa ordering system for booking. It allows restaurants not to write all reservations in a big notebook and adjust online the availability of tables. Overall it can improve turnover by 15-20%.
- Delivery software. In the case of contracts with delivery services this type of software isn’t necessary, but if the institution has its own network of couriers, it can help to assign personnel to departures, see delivery time, calculate the fuel, etc.
Why you should be going digital
The days of the maître d' taking your reservation over the phone and jotting it down on a piece of paper are long gone. Hotels, restaurants, caterers — everyone is moving to digital, making life easier for themselves and their customers. Here are some of the benefits of having a HoReCa mangement software solution for your hospitality business:
- Automation. Less day-to-day manual work for your staff leads to an increase in efficiency and reliability.
- A better user experience. Faster placing orders or reservations, fewer human errors, 24/7 availability, loyalty programs, personal customization.
- Streamlined stock control and logistics. Whether it’s clean towels or fresh vegetables, your new software will take care of it with ease.
- All of your reports in one place. Quick access to financial documents and business metrics gives you better control and simplifies decision making.
- A synchronized approach. All aspects of your business work in unison, so there is no room for miscommunication or delays.
We could go on, but by now, you can probably guess what we’re trying to say: a HoReCa software solution would give your HoReCa business a solid backbone, as well as save tons of time and money. The next question is: what kind of a system or app should you be after? Keep reading for a quick overview of your options.
Software products for HoReCa
It all depends on the type of business you are running, what aspects you want to improve, and what new heights you plan to reach. But here’s something to think about: you can work from the inside by commissioning a solution to manage your internal processes or focus on your customers and build an application for them.
We highly recommend that you tackle this from both sides. That way, you’ll know your operations are in order and run at full efficiency, while your customers have a neat-looking app to practice their brand loyalty on. With this in mind, let’s look at some of the choices.
Accommodation services management software
In addition to being fast, secure, and reliable, and all-round product for a business specializing in lodging should have:
- Automated reservation and payment
- Control of scheduled check-out and cleaning
- Tracking of utilities used by guests
- Food and toiletries supply management
- Integrated user database (for marketing, etc.)
- Built-in tools for statistical analysis
- Financial and document flow instruments
Of course, a small bed & breakfast facility or a hostel might not need as many functions, but a large hotel chain will likely require all the bells and whistles. That’s one more reason to have your application custom-built.
A restaurant management app
Running a restaurant or a cafe has never been an easy job, and there is always room for optimization. Fortunately, we at Perfsol have some hands-on experience building a management platform for this kind of business. By modernizing and augmenting the previous version of the HoReCa mangement software, we’ve created a system for our Dubai-based client that was capable of:
- Making seating arrangements
- Keeping track of customers’ dietary restrictions
- Generating customizable reports
- Integrating with PoS terminals
Hungry customers don’t particularly enjoy waiting, so lightning-fast performance is a must in this case.
A client-side app for your brand
Has the pandemic made you switch to the delivery-only model at your restaurant? You can partner up with the existing delivery services like Uber Eats, or you can have your own app to increase visibility and brand loyalty. Customers who love your food and the way you go about your business will be happy to download an app and enjoy your services on their smartphones. But only if your app:
- Is easy to use and intuitive
- Is free from bugs and crashes
- Has all the features your clients need
- Has a pleasing and functional design
According to this research, businesses with a great omnichannel presence enjoy up to 91% better client retention rates than those unable to deliver a synchronized experience. So making an app consistent with your brand’s values and standards, one that makes the transition between offline and online seamless, may seem like a daunting task. If only you could find a reliable HoReCa software vendor with the fitting expertise and resources…
TOP 3 HoReCa Software Solutions
Let's take a look at the typical representatives of the HoReCa software market. It should be noted that the word TOP is rather relative, and it’s just typical representatives of this industry are represented below.
This software was developed specially for the restaurant business in the USA. Its main tasks are to increase the efficiency of employees and improve the quality of customer service and reduce costs. Its functions include menu management, pricing, and customer ordering. For example, it can be used to generate end-of-order notifications and split customer checks when necessary.
This HoReCa software is primarily needed for scheduling employees. It was originally created precisely to simplify the work of restaurant managers because it is very convenient to monitor attendance and schedule shifts. It helps to fully staff the restaurant and avoid overlapping shifts.
This platform is specifically designed to automate business processes in a restaurant. The areas it covers are quite extensive. For example, you can use it to manage orders and tables, plan the work of the staff and so on. The HoReCa app can be controlled from a tablet, which allows you to use it from anywhere in the restaurant and even remotely.
HoReCa software example
Sometimes there is simply no suitable HoReCa software on the market for your specific business needs, especially if the company is trying to keep up with tech trends, but is developing in an industry where not everyone needs innovative solutions. This is why clients quite often turn to Perfsol for custom HoReCa apps. A prime example of such software is the SerVme platform.
In this case, our customer from Dubai was looking for technical consultants and a development team to help him overhaul the SaaS platform, optimizing performance and extending it with new capabilities. SerVme is an innovative solution that helps the world's largest hospitality brands deliver memorable, spectacular guest experiences across their venues. We implemented both the front- and back-end. A significant portion of the work was for the back-end, implementing optimal APIs for communication between the front-ends of our Android application, iOS application, and the website.
Specifically, our task was to enhance the following features of the system:
- seating arrangements management;
- analytics of guest tastes and preferences;
- PoS terminals;
- customized reports creation;
- we also provided technical consulting.
During the development, we used the following technologies:
- Microservices Architecture,
- AWS EC2,
Thanks to automation, the customer was able to accurately calculate the number of available seats and increase the flow of customers. As a result of using the new system, order preparation time decreased as well as the number of complaints from employees, and customer satisfaction only kept growing.
Perfsol is ready to assist your business in its digital transformation. With our diverse portfolio and a relentless focus on the client’s needs, we’ll be your perfect partner in creating a management solution for your hotel, restaurant, bar — as well as building a web-based or mobile app.
Let’s get in touch and have a chat! And remember: soon, humanity will beat the virus with its science and resilience, and we’ll once again be able to enjoy safe travel and a good meal in each other’s company.